CLAMDIGGERS: NOVEMBER’S LITERACY ENRICHMENT COLLECTION
You won’t be happy with more until you’re happy with what you’ve got. ~ V. King
Crisp November is a month full of creativity, discovery, and gratitude. CLAMDiggers: November’s Literacy Enrichment Collection includes four of these events:
- Engaging in an Autumn Fantasy
- Exploring Long Ago to Modern Day
- Discovering the Influence of Our Native Americans
- Preparing for Giving Thanks
The Components of each Unit include:
- colorful Front & Back covers
- a Contents list
- an Introduction Sequence
- a Master Materials List
- a Thematic Literature List of fiction& nonfiction trade books
- an overall Lesson Plan
- Projects/Activities with Construction Instructions written on an Independent Reading Level for Grades 3 ~ 6
Preparation for each of these units can be done by following this sequence:
- Read over the Materials & Tools needed for each project in the Master Materials List ~ a component included with each Unit.
- Gather the Materials & Tools together specific for each Activity ~ card-stock, printing paper, scissors, glue, pencil, colors, etc.
- Protect your work space with a plastic, washable tablecloth, newspaper, or butcher paper ~ the latter invites doodling & checklists.
- Read all the steps included in the Sequence part of the Instructions provided for each Project/Activity BEFORE beginning.
- Keep a copy of these Construction Instructions close by, so you can re-read as you create.
- Clean up your work space when you have completed what you wanted to do.
Click on this link for more information on CLAMDiggers’ Literacy Enrichment Program:
Read on for more Details on each Unit, but, first, take a look at November’s Poetry Posters to provide each Unit with a little focus.
CLAMDiggers’ November Poetry
During my years in the classroom, I discovered the best way to focus my students’ attention for new content was a choral read of thematic poetry written with colorful images.
November’s five poems are printed onto five thematic 8 ½ x 11″ images you can enlarge if needed. The font sizes are large as well.
You can access this PDF freebie in Mz. Bizzy Lizzy Biz’s TPT Shop by clicking on this link:
Let cheerfulness abound with industry. ~ R.L. Stevenson
Week One of CLAMDiggers’ November Literacy Enrichment Collection is a 22-page unit entitled Autumn Fantasy . It contains the following Projects/Activities:
- DANCING SCARECROW: Template with Construction Instructions
- MUSIC MAKER; Construction Instructions
- BARNYARD HOE~DOWN DIORAMA: Farm Animal Templates with Construction Instructions
General Supply List: card-stock, printing paper, wallpaper, decorative papers, craft paper, construction paper, open diorama box, yarn, raffia, paper plates, large craft stick, dried beans, colors, glue, stapler, scissors
You can access the Autumn Fantasy unit by clicking on the link below:
Then And Now
Change is the law of life. ~ J.F. Kennedy
Week Two of CLAMDigger’s November Literacy Enrichment Colllection is a 55-page unit entitled Then And Now . It contains the following Projects/Activities:
- LONG AGO TO MODERN DAY: A Card Match & Vocabulary Game
- FROM THE PAST TO THE PRESENT: A Mini-Info Book Connecting the Past with the Present
- TOYS WILL BE TOYS: Comparing & Contrasting Long Ago & Modern Day Toys Using Informative Text
General Supply List: card-stock, printing paper, binding material, pencil, colors, rubber bands, scissors, highlighter, fine-point marker, dry-erase marker,
You can access the Then And Now unit by clicking on the link below:
Teach us to walk the soft earth as relatives to all that live. ~Sioux Prayer
Week Three of CLAMDiggers’ November Literacy Enrichment Collection is a 25-page unit entitled Native Americans. It contains the following Projects/Activities:
- NATIVE AMERICAN WORDS WE USE: Photo & Vocabulary Match Game with Fill-In Comprehension Activity
- SACRED ANIMAL TOTEM SAND PAINTING :Some Animal Images with Construction Instructions
- DREAM CATCHER: Construction Instructions
General Supply List: card-stock, printing paper, pencil, colors, glues, scissors, dictionary, colored sand, paintbrushes, small bowls, beads, feathers, yarn, paper plate, glitz
You can access the Native Americans unit by clicking on the link below:
Take a rest; the field that has rested gives a bountiful crop. ~ Ovid
Week Four of CLAMDiggers’ November Literacy Enrichment Collection is a 20-page unit entitled Giving Thanks. It contains the following Projects/Activities:
- LET US GIVE THANKS WREATH
- LET US GIVE THANKS PLACE~CARDS
- LET US GIVE THANKS MINI POSTER
General Supply List: card-stock, printing paper, dry bean soup mix, heavy-weight paper plates, raffia, tacky glue, pencil, 8 X 10 picture frame, colors, scissors
You can access the Giving Thanks unit by clicking on the link below:
You can access CLAMDiggers’ November Literacy Enrichment Collection units individually or as a 4-Unit bundle for your convenience & savings. Just click on the link below:
AND….as an added appreciation bonus…..
Here are two PDF freebies to thank you for reading!
Questions? Concerns? Shares?
Just fill in the Contact Me form below. You will NOT be subscribing.
Otherwise, fill in the BLB Exclusive form as a FREE subscriber!