CLAMDIGGERS: October’s Literacy Enrichment Collection
The wind walks wildly in the trees tonight. ~ JT Stickney
Mysterious October is a month full of exploration, discovery, color, and imagination. CLAMDIGGERS: October’s Literacy Enrichment Collection includes four of these events:
- Celebrating Country & City Pets
- Discovering Old World Explorations
- Learning & Applying Healthy Nutrition
- Enjoying the Fun of Halloween
The Components of each Unit include:
- colorful Front & Back covers
- a Contents list
- an Introduction Sequence
- a Master Materials List
- A thematic Literature List of fiction& nonfiction trade books
- an overall Lesson Plan
- Projects/Activities with Construction Instructions written on an Independent Reading Level for Grades 3 ~ 6
Preparation for each of these units can be done by following this sequence:
- Read over the Materials & Tools needed for each project in the Master Materials List ~ a component included with each Unit.
- Gather the Materials & Tools together specific for each Activity ~ card-stock, printing paper, scissors, glue, pencil, colors, etc.
- Protect your work space with a plastic, washable tablecloth, newspaper, or butcher paper ~ the latter invites doodling & checklists.
- Read all the steps included in the Sequence part of the Instructions provided for each Project/Activity BEFORE beginning.
- Keep a copy of these Construction Instructions close by, so you can re-read as you create.
- Clean up your work space when you have completed what you wanted to do.
Click on this link for more information on CLAMDiggers’ Literacy Enrichment Program:
Read on for more Details on each Unit, but, first, take a look at October’s Poetry Posters to provide each Unit with a little focus.
CLAMDiggers’ October Poetry
During my years in the classroom, I discovered the best way to focus my students’ attention for new content was a choral read of thematic poetry written with colorful images.
October’s five poems are printed onto six thematic 8 ½ x 11″ images you can enlarge if needed. The font sizes are large as well.
You can access this PDF freebie in Mz. Bizzy Lizzy Biz’s TPT Shop by clicking on this link:
We LOVE Pets
Animals are such agreeable friends they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms. ~George Eliot
Week One of CLAMDigger’s October Literacy Enrichment Collection is a 30-page unit entitled We LOVE Pets . It contains the following Projects/Activities:
- COUNTRY PETS / CITY PETS: A PET~CARE MANUAL
- SHOW & TELL PET PARADE
General Supply List: card-stock, printing paper, pencil, colors, glue- stick, scissors, binding materials, reference materials, envelopes/stamps, poster board, pet photos, mementos
You can access the We LOVE Pets unit by clicking on the link below:
Old World Explorations
Exploration is wired into our brains. If we can see the horizon, we want to know what’s beyond. ~Buzz Aldrin
Week Two of CLAMDigger’s October Literacy Enrichment Colllection is a 53-page unit entitled Old World Explorations . It contains the following Projects/Activities:
- SETTING SAIL: Parts & Provisions of the Seafaring Vessel
- INTO THE NEW WORLD: An Exploration Board Game
General Supply List: card-stock, printing paper, pencil, colors, rubber bands, scissors, glue stick, tape/stapler, blue poster board, blue & green paint chips, ziploc, die, game-player movers, treasures
You can access the Old World Explorations unit by clicking on the link below:
Healthy Body! Healthy Brain!: A Nutrition Guide
Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live. ~Jim Rohn
Week Three of CLAMDigger’s October Literacy Enrichment Collection is a 42-page unit entitled Healthy Body! Healthy Brain! : A Nutrition Guide. It contains the following Projects/Activities:
- YES, YES, YES, PLEASE! 4 BAGS FULL!
- EVERY DAY I NEED TO EAT…..
- FOLLOW THE FOOD GROUPS RECIPES
General Supply List: card-stock, printing paper, pencil, colors, glue-stick, scissors, reference materials, dry erase marker, hole punch, O-ring, food photos/images
You can access Healthy Body! Healthy Brain! : A Nutrition Guide unit by clicking on the link below:
Boos & Hisses ! It’s Halloween!
Boos and Hisses need Chocolate Kisses.~BLB
Week Four of CLAMDigger’s October Literacy Enrichment Collection is a 47-page unit entitled Boos & Hisses! It’s Halloween ! It contains the following Projects/Activities:
- HANGING PUMPKIN PATCH
- HAPPY HALLOWEEN PARTY!
General Supply List: card-stock, printing paper, recyclable paper shreds, straw-colored raffia, string, ribbon, yarn, pencil/pen, envelopes/stamps
You can access the Boos & Hisses! It’s Halloween! unit by clicking on the link below:
You can access CLAMDiggers’ October Literacy Enrichment units individually or as a 4-Unit bundle for your convenience & savings. Just click on the link below:
AND….as an added appreciation bonus…..
Here are two PDF freebies to thank you for reading!
Questions? Concerns? Shares?
Just fill in the Contact Me form below. You will NOT be subscribing.
Otherwise, fill in the BLB Exclusive form as a FREE subscriber!