Are all humans omnivores? How can we save endangered animals ? What can I do to help the Earth be a safe place to live?
Inquiry, exploration & discovery of the world is critical to the healthy growth & development of your child.
Engaging and encouraging investigations (instead of trying to explain everything) using experiments is a meaningful & relevant way to introduce the many concepts of scientific discovery.
It can promote lots of brain activity, help build problem solving skills, increase her/his understanding of the world as well as equip your child with the ability to practice these methods in a variety of ways throughout his/her lifetime.
Major added bonus~ it’s A LOT OF FUN !!
Your Home~Grown Primary Science Lab for the Eco Science of Plant & Animal Ecosystems and Earth Conservation is one of the 4 main Sciences your child will be learning as a Primary grade school student. I created hands-on, interactive “labs” for the other 3 Sciences~Physical, Earth & Life~so you & yours can enjoy more exploration & discovery time together.
This 58 ~ page (includes front & back manual covers) download, copy & printable resource in an 8″x11″ PDF will prepare and reinforce the concepts your child is & will be learning in the classroom, while having LOTS of fun with you !
- 4 Labels & Lists
- 2 Inquiry Investigations with Multiple Activity Ideas
- 2 Classification Mats with Picture & Vocabulary Cards
- 2 Book Templates
- 5 Activity Sheets
- Animal Riddle Game
- Blank Picture & Vocabulary Cards Template
- Introduction & Construction Instructions
- Tips & Ideas
- Labels & Lists
- INVESTIGATION: Plant & Animal Ecosystems w/ 10 Activities
- Nature Walk Journal Template
- A~Z Animal Riddles
- 2 Habitats Classification Mats
- INVESTIGATION: Earth Conservation w/ 10 Activities
- 24 Eco~Vocabulary
- Stop Pollution Activity Sheets
- Pollution Solution Family Tracker Grid
- Earth ~ Savers Handbook Template
- Eco~Lunch Activity Sheet
- Blank Picture & Vocabulary Cards Templates
- colored ink printer
- card-stock & printer paper
- scissors or cutter
- strong wide tape or stapler
- binding for manual
- rubber bands & clips
- large & small envelopes &/or zip-lock bags
- glue & tape
- stack-able clear bins for organizing the Investigations’ tools, materials, supplies
- 3-ring binder-journal w/ blank paper for predictions, drawings, observations, data sheets, info, responses OR a spiral OR composition book
- see individual Investigations for specific elements needed
Tips & Ideas
Prepare for the Investigations by reading, gathering & organizing all materials, tools & supplies beforehand. Involve your curious scientist in as much of this process as possible. Make it his/her lab with your role being the “Safety Inspector”.
Check out the Activities to decide which ones are age-appropriate for your child. If you have multi-age children, encourage them to share & monitor the younger ones.
Questions, experiments & explorations are CRITICAL to a successful learning environment. Be an interactive guide & encourage her/him on the path of discovery.
Let your child (ren) set the pace. Go off on those tangents for teachable moments. Promote Inventions!!!
I hope you & yours enjoy these Science Lab Investigations as much as I enjoyed creating it.
I’d love to hear from you!
Any questions or concerns?
Just fill out the Contact Me form below. You will NOT be subscribing & I will respond to you as soon as possible.
However if you wish to be a FREE subscriber & join the BLB Exclusive for additional tips, strategies, ideas, updates & more, please fill in the form below. I look forward to hearing from you!