Look, Play & Learn !
When playing with a variety of color, shape, picture & photo cards from I Can Sort & Match !: 15 Shape & Color Games for Ages 3 & Up, your child will be learning to recognize how the shapes & colors of his/her world are alike & different. These Literacy skills will prepare her/him for letter/number formation & recognition.
· Using color words increases your child’s communication skills with vocabulary/language and promotes creative thinking.
· Using shapes increases your child’s logic skills with identifying and organizing visual information.
Interactive games are always a wonderful way to ensure successful learning will be taking hold. These building blocks synchronize work with play !
- 24 Color & Shape cards ~ 8 colors & 3 primary shapes
- 24 Everyday picture cards
- 36 real-life, photo Nature cards
- 12 Beginning word cards for picture match
- 1 blank word card template sheet
- 4 additional word lists
- 4 Title covers for card pockets w/ game suggestions
- colored ink printer
- scissors or cutter
- strong wide tape or stapler
- rubber bands or clips
The Title Game Pockets have suggestions on the back. The main objective, besides preparing your child for letter/number formation, recognition & reading, is to teach visual discrimination, or same & different.
- Double the sheets for match games and/or turn the cards over to play memory games.
- Mix the cards up for a sort game: colors, shapes, nature, etc
- Start simple & for a few minutes. Let your child guide the pace.
- Include others (including stuffed animals & dolls) in the games.
- Older children will enjoy matching words to the pictures.
- Use multiple copies of the blank template for adding more shapes & pictures to the games.
- Grab some finger snacks & settle in for some fun!
I would love to hear how your child responds to the games of I Can Sort & Match. Did you see a learning progression? Is s/he bringing the games to you for a repeat play? Let me know by filling in the form below. You will NOT be subscribed. However, adding your comments as a Testimonial would be great-with your permission, of course.
Otherwise, fill in the BLB Exclusive form as a subscriber!