Pre~School Literacy Prep
As a parent & elementary educator, I have learned one of the most important things you can give your child is confidence. With confidence s/he will take risks, learn from failures, and share successes.
Entering a new, different & complex learning environment AWAY from home can be a scary event for you & your child, especially if there aren’t older siblings and/or friends. While I choked back tears, my brave & excited Kindergartner giggled & skipped.
Being prepared and familiar with the academic content presented in his/her “new” classroom will give your child the ability to successfully concentrate and follow all the other twists & turns in this environment.
Using the Kindergarten skills inventory guide, My “I Am Ready for Kindergarten” Workbook: A Pre~School Checklist can help you know what your PreSchooler has learned and what s/he needs to learn.
This 20-page download/copy/printable resource in an 8″x11″ PDF will assist you & your child in meeting Kindergarten’s expectations with confidence.
- colorful front & back covers
- contents page
- an “All About My Favorites ” page
- 11 beginning skills pages
- several blank pages for working on other skills
- a list of more advanced skills to come, such as Letters & Sounds, Word Families, Writings, etc.
- colored ink printer
- card-stock & printer paper
- binding for workbook
A Few Tips on How-To Use This Workbook
I have a few suggestions for making this workbook/checklist become a valued assistant to you and your Pre-Kindergartner:
- Copy front & back covers on card-stock. Laminate. Print pages 2, 4-15 & copy extra skill sheets to insert after the last skill page. Bind together.
- Make extra copies of blank sheets to make a “new” workbook for upcoming goals, such as “I Can Read” with consonant & vowel sounds, sight word lists, vocabulary words, spelling words, etc.
- Copy all skill pages on card-stock. Laminate to re-use with erasable markers. Use as center cards with different activities to learn the objective. Keep a log /notebook of progress.
- Copy all skill pages on card-stock. Laminate to re-use with erasable markers. Hole-punch & keep on a ring for”learning-now” easy access.
- Make a master copy of the workbook. Copy skill sheets as daily progress documentation. Put in a notebook.
I would love to hear how this Pre-School Prep Tool works for you & your Pre-Kindergartner. Have any questions, comments and/or suggestions?
Just fill out the Contact Me form below. You will NOT be subscribing & I will respond to you as soon as possible.
However if you wish to subscribe & join the BLB Exclusive for additional tips, strategies, ideas, updates & more, please fill in the form below. I look forward to hearing from you!