CLAMDiggers: September’s Literacy Enrichment Collection
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought. ~A. Szent-Gyorgi
September is such a dynamic month full of celebration and changes. CLAMDIGGERS: September’s Literacy Enrichment Collection includes five of these events:
- Appreciating our Community of Helpers
- Preparing for Back to School
- Celebrating our Grandparents
- Observing the changes of Autumn
- Exploring the wonderful world of Apples
The Components of each Unit include:
- colorful Front & Back covers
- a Contents list
- an Introduction Sequence
- a Master Materials List
- A thematic Literature List of fiction& nonfiction trade books
- an overall Lesson Plan
- Projects/Activities with Construction Instructions written on an Independent Reading Level for Grades 3 ~ 6
Preparation for each of these units can be done by following this sequence:
- Read over the Materials & Tools needed for each project in the Master Materials List ~ a component included with each Unit.
- Gather the Materials & Tools together specific for each Activity ~ card-stock, printing paper, scissors, glue, pencil, colors, etc.
- Protect your work space with a plastic, washable tablecloth, newspaper, or butcher paper ~ the latter invites doodling & checklists.
- Read all the steps included in the Sequence part of the Instructions provided for each Project/Activity BEFORE beginning.
- Keep a copy of these Construction Instructions close by, so you can re-read as you create.
- Clean up your work space when you have completed what you wanted to do.
Click on this link for more information on CLAMDiggers’ Literacy Enrichment Program:
Read on for more Details on each Unit, but, first, take a look at September’s Poetry Posters to provide each Unit with a little focus.
CLAMDiggers’ September Poetry
During my years in the classroom, I discovered the best way to focus my students’ attention for new content was a choral read of thematic poetry written with colorful images.
September’s six poems are printed onto six thematic 8 ½ x 11″ images you can enlarge if needed. The font sizes are large as well.
You can access this PDF freebie in Mz. Bizzy Lizzy Biz’s TPT Shop by clicking on this link:
A Community of Helpers
Do what you can, with what you have, right where you are. ~ Theodore Roosevelt
The 25-page unit of A Community of Helpers contains the following Projects/Activities:
- HATS, TOOLS & VEHICLES: A Community Helper’s Helpers Sort Game
- LABOR DAY CELEBRITIES FILL-IN CARDS
- INTERVIEW WITH A COMMUNITY HELPER
General Supply List: card-stock, printing paper, pencil, colors, highlighters, scissors, binding materials, clipboard
You can access the A Community of Helpers unit by clicking on the link below:
Back to School
It is better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ J. Thurber
The 27-page unit of Back To School contains the following Projects/Activities:
- MY SCHOOL TOOLS
- I CAN MAKE MY LUNCH FOR SCHOOL*
- WHAT’S IN MY BACKPACK
- I AM READY FOR SCHOOL
*Click on this link in BLB’s Shop for an effective Resource Product to further engage your child’s “Lunch Production”:
General Supply List: card-stock, printing paper, pencil, colors, fine-point dry erase marker, scissors, glue stick, tape/stapler, hole punch, O-ring, binding materials
You can access the Back To School unit by clicking on the link below:
Hooray ! It’s Grandparents’ Day !
Nothing makes a child as smart as having grandparents. ~ F.P. Jones
The 20-page unit of Hooray ! It’s Grandparents’ Day ! contains the following Projects/Activities:
- MEMORY ACCORDION BOOK
- HUG CARD
- LOVE COUPONS BOOKLET
General Supply List: card-stock, printing paper, photos, construction paper, decorative paper, pencil, colors, ruler, glue stick, glue, tape, scissors, binding materials, ribbon, yarn, filler, raffia, glitz, stickers, embellishments
You can access Hooray! It’s Grandparents’ Day! unit by clicking on the link below:
And softly thro’ the altered air hurries a timid leaf. ~ E. Dickinson
The 27-page unit of Autumn Comes contains the following Projects/Activities:
- AUTUMN TREES SORT: Trees, Leaves, Seeds / Nuts & Berries
- AUTUMN LEAF SUN CATCHER
- NATURE ~ WATCHER’S AUTUMN JOURNAL
General Supply List: card-stock, printing paper, wax paper, clear contact paper, pencil, colors, tacky glue, scissors, rubber bands, binding materials, hole punch, O-ring, string/raffia/yarn
You can access the Autumn Comes unit by clicking on the link below:
A Bushel of Apples
Johnny Appleseed is my hero ~ BLB
The 62-page unit of A Bushel of Apples contains the following Projects/Activities:
- APPLEPEDIA: A 28-Page Interactive Reference of Apple Information, Organizers, Diagrams & Templates
- A BASKET OF APPLES
- TWO DOZEN APPLES BOOK COVER & PAGES INSERT TEMPLATE
- APPLE EATS
General Supply List: card-stock, printing paper, green poster board, pencil, colors, scissors, glue, stapler, rubber band, detachable gummy stick-um, binding materials, hole punch, O-ring
You can access A Bushel of Apples unit by clicking on the link below:
You can access CLAMDiggers’ September units individually or as a 5-Unit bundle for your convenience & savings. Just click on the link below:
Here are two PDF freebies to thank you for reading!
Questions? Concerns? Shares?
Just fill in the Contact Me form below. You will NOT be subscribing.
Otherwise, fill in the BLB Exclusive form as a FREE subscriber!