CLAMDIGGERS: February’s Literacy Enrichment Collection
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~ Aesop
February’s wintery weather is warmed by Valentine’s celebration of love and Friendship.
Recognizing Asian cultures’ New Year with its 16 days of family festivities as well as honoring the Presidents of the United States are, also, part of this month’s unit interactive studies.
Opportunities for creative expressions in art, science, math, social studies, and writing are included in February’s activities.
Each and Every Unit of the Literacy Enrichment Collection
The Components of each Unit include:
- colorful Front & Back covers
- a Contents list
- an Introduction Sequence
- a Master Materials List
- a Thematic Literature List of fiction& nonfiction trade books
- an overall Lesson Plan
- Projects/Activities with Construction Instructions written on an Independent Reading Level for Grades 3 ~ 6
Ready, Set and Go!
Preparation for each of these units can be done by following this sequence:
- Read over the Materials & Tools needed for each project in the Master Materials List ~ a component included with each Unit.
- Gather the Materials & Tools together specific for each Activity ~ card-stock, printing paper, scissors, glue, pencil, colors, etc.
- Protect your work space with a plastic, washable tablecloth, newspaper, or butcher paper ~ the latter invites doodling & checklists.
- Read all the steps included in the Sequence part of the Instructions provided for each Project/Activity BEFORE beginning.
- Keep a copy of these Construction Instructions close by, so you can re-read as you create.
- Clean up your work space when you have completed what you wanted to do.
What Is the CLAMDiggers’ Literacy Enrichment Program?
Click on this link for more information on CLAMDiggers’ Literacy Enrichment Program:
Read on for more Details on each Unit, but, first, take a look at February’s Poetry Posters to provide each Unit with a little focus.
CLAMDiggers’ February Poetry for the Literacy Enrichment Collection
During my years in the classroom, I discovered the best way to focus my students’ attention for new content was a choral read of thematic poetry written with colorful images.
February’s five poems are printed onto five thematic 8 ½ x 11″ images you can enlarge if needed. The font sizes are large as well.
You can access this PDF freebie in Mz. Bizzy Lizzy Biz’s TPT Shop by clicking on this link:
Asian New Year
A family in harmony will prosper in everything. ~Chinese Proverb
Week One of CLAMDiggers: February’s Literacy Enrichment Collection is a 15-page unit entitled Asian New Year. It contains the following Projects/Activities:
- Lion Dance Mask with Lion Dance Mask Tracers Template
- Celebration Lantern with Gung Hei Fat Choy Characters & Asian New Year Animal Images
General Supply List: card-stock, construction paper, paper plates, glitter, large craft stick, red paper ribbon, yellow crepe streamers, pipe cleaners, ruler, scissors, glue, hole punch, markers, stapler
You can access the Asian New Year unit by clicking on the link below:
Love is friendship set to music. ~Pollack
Week Two of CLAMDiggers: February’s Literacy Enrichment Collection is an 15-page unit entitled Valentines. It contains the following Projects/Activities:
- Hanging Crayon Hearts with Heart Shape Tracers Template
- Fold – Up Valentines Poem Book with Hearts Templates & Valentine Poems
General Supply List: card-stock, printing paper, construction paper, crayons, glitz, wax paper, pencil sharpener, iron, cloth ribbons, lace doilies, Valentine stickers, glue stick, scissors, hole punch, tape
You can access the Valentines unit by clicking on the link below:
Friendship is a sheltering tree. ~ Samuel Coleridge
Week Three of CLAMDiggers: February’s Literacy Enrichment Collection is a 21-page unit entitled Friendship. It contains the following Projects/Activities:
- Friendship Work-Out Sheet with Solution Strategies for Friendship Building
- Friendship Board Game with Game Labels & Image, Labels & Image Placement Diagram, 60 Game Cards & Blank Game Cards Template
General Supply List: card-stock, printing paper, file folder, paint chips, stickers, treasures, markers, scissors, glue, stamps & inkpad
You can access the Friendship unit by clicking on the link below:
Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today. ~ Abraham Lincoln
Week Four of CLAMDiggers: February’s Literacy Enrichment Collection is an 18-page unit entitled US Presidents. It contains the following Projects/Activities:
- Presidential Hats of George Washington & Abraham Lincoln with Templates & Diagrams
- All The Presidents’ Hats with Hats Info Cards & Hats Symbols
General Supply List: card-stock, printing paper, construction paper, gold paper, glitter, oatmeal canister, plain red, white or blue cap, scissors, glue, stapler
You can access the US Presidents unit by clicking on the link below:
How About a Bundle ?!?
You can access CLAMDiggers’ February Literacy Enrichment Collection units individually or as a 4-Unit bundle for your convenience & savings.
Just click on the link below:
AND….as an added appreciation bonus…..
Here are two PDF freebies to thank you for reading!
Questions? Concerns? Shares?
Just fill in the Contact Me form below. You will NOT be subscribing.
Otherwise, fill in the BLB Exclusive form as a FREE subscriber!